Friday, December 29, 2006

Volunteering.... and Keeping a promise.

As i reached the hut, i heard a mans voice comming from the inside and it wasn't matt's. I stood by the door to listen to the inside conversation, preparing to run in as i grabbed the axe, listening for any hint that matt may be in trouble. then i heard the mans voice and matt talking again.

"Matt we need ye, jus not in dat way." said the man.

"Well ye need what me knows, so let me fight!! me have rights to fight jus as anyone else."

"Matt stop being a mule!! ye know yer to old to be fighting. da kings guards would rip through ye."

Understanding a little of what was going on i knocked on the door, being called in by matt. The man whose voice i didnt reconize was of a normal hight stocky man, who'd looked as if he'd been without rest for a while. Matt motioned for me to sit while he and the man finished the business at hand.

"Now matt can ye give me the map?" the man asked like he had done it already many times.

"NO! not unless ye let me fight too.. I want me vengance too." Matt replied loudly.

"so ye gonna let sweet rose rot in that castle, jus cause ye be to stubborn to understand ye be to old to fight now!!!" Said the man losing his composure for a second.

The mention of the girl triggered something in me, then i remembered the girl being dragged away unconscious. Not knowing why i did it, or what came over me i spoke up, "I'll fight for you Matt, i'll get you your revenge. Please that girl needs help."

Matt seemed to ponder for a moment then sighed. "alright Robert, i'll give ye the maps, IF my friend here can fight in my stead."

The man named Robert seemed to eye me for what seemed like years when he finally agreed, and pulled forth a couple sheets of parchment and began writing as matt told every detail of the inside of the castles. I was confused. How did Matt know all this? When matt had finished with the maps he offered Robert a place to sleep, but he declined. He said he had other people to rally up. I sat staring at Matt long after Robert had left. After a while he seemed to give in and spoke.

"I bet ye be wondering why me know so much?" He asked, but all i could manage was a nod.

"Well come wit ye, and foller me. me've got something for ye as i tell ye." He answered my silence, as he stood up and walked back to his room. I followed and as he opened a chest he began tellin me a story.

"Ye see me use to be one of da guards, had it good me did. Then one day deys come to me and says, ye gotta kill this here boy." Matt pulled out a big metal ringged shirt and held it up to me, it wouldn't fit, so he went back into the chest." Da boy was no more then a youngin, and all he did was take food for his ma." He pulled out a small daggar and belted it around my ankle. " Me told em that me not be killin that boy. den they dismiss me from the castle and send me and me wife to live out here." He pulled out a massive axe, that seemed to develope him. It looked as it was going to crush him when i reached out and grabbed it. "Den ye know rest, me wife got sick and cause me didn't kill da boy she got no healing. " Lastly he pulled out and tied to me the strap that held the battle axe to my back. " Ye fight with honor. Now go get yer some sleep." Matt ushered me out of the room and as i walked away i heard him saying a prayer for me.

The next morning i was sent to the place where Robert had told everyone to meet. With weapons attached and sharp i headed out of matts with him staying in his room the entire morning. When i got to the place they told me to go, there was already many people there armed with different weapons. i caught a glimps of Robert talking with a man that looked very familar. If i could of had a better look i might have been able to tell who it was. It wasnt soon after i got there that i heard the orders being passed among the ranks of people there. Then seconds later the famiular man began leading the mob towards the castle. Once again i caught a glimps of the mans face and once again i got the feeling i knew him, but just as quick as i saw it, it was turned and i was staring at the back of many heads but the main one being a redish brown dirty haired leader. If you told me what would happen next i would call you a liar........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home